Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Brownies

Last night we had little get together with my sisters as Ben and Whitney are leaving this week to move to CA...sad!! Well, it was Sunday, and I didn't realize until later that we didn't have any cake or brownie mixes and only had one stick of butter, so most of my usual desserts were out. So I decided to use the pumpkin left over in the fridge and try some Pumpkin Brownies. They turned out so yummy. The only annoying thing is that I wasn't sure what kind of pan I was supposed to use, until I baked it for the suggested 20 minutes, and the middle was still liquid. I guess I was supposed to use a cookie sheet. I think they would have been even better if I would have. Here is the recipe, a definate Holiday must!

Pumpkin Brownies
1 C cooking oil 1/2 tsp cloves
2 C sugar 1 tsp nutmeg
4 eggs 1 tsp salt
2 C canned pumpkin 1 tsp baking soda
2 C flour 2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon

Beat oil, sugar and eggs until creamy. Add pumpkin and sifted dry ingredients. Mix well and pour into greased jellyroll pan (cookie sheet). Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Icing
6 oz cream cheese 2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C butter 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp milk 3 C powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy, add milk, vanilla, and salt. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread on cooled bars. Can be kept in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

I'm super excited to try these recipes!!!! Thanks Morgan!!!

Summer Adams said...

Holy Yumminess!!! I have all the ingredients and am gonna have to make these tonight!